Two Big Races. One Epic Event.
The Biggest Weekend in Florence Speedway History!
Thursday August 11th
Friday-Saturday August 12th-13th
The biggest weekend in Florence Speedway history is coming on August 11th, 12th, and 13th! After storms forced the cancellation of June 4th’s 30th Annual Ralph Latham Memorial, speedway officials announced that the event would be rescheduled. With limited availability on the Lucas Oil Late Model Series schedule, the best option was to reschedule the race and make it part of our biggest event, The Sunoco Race Fuels North/South 100. Now, a true three day event, the races will pay a combined $80,000 to win and $4,200 to start! This will truly be a can’t miss weekend.
For ticket prices, times, and other info on Thursday’s 30th Annual Ralph Latham Memorial click HERE.
For ticket prices, times, and other info on Friday and Saturday’s 34th Annual Sunoco Race Fuels North/South 100 presented by Lucas Oil click HERE.
Tickets and reserved seats are available three ways. You can purchase tickets at the track on race days, including the North/South 100 weekend. You can call the track office at (859)493-0034. Or you can purchase them online on our ticketing website: http://florence.getmytix.net
Reserved seats are selling quickly. Sales for North/South 100 tickets was already at a record pace before the event changes. This week sales have only increased, so we definitely recommend you get your tickets as soon as possible to make sure you have a seat for the biggest race of the year!
Here are a few notes and changes made to the events:
- Thursday will be a seperately ticketed event from Friday and Saturday. There will be no combined 3 day tickets offered as the seating charts will be different between the two events(Thursday and Friday/Saturday).
- If you already have tickets for either event, you do not need to do anything for the updated events. You tickets will be good for the respective portion of the event.
- Thursday’s originally scheduled open practice is cancelled and will not be rescheduled
- For Thursday:
- All front-stretch grandstand sections (A-J) are reserved seating in rows 11-20. All other sections and rows are open seating.
- For Friday and Saturday:
- All front-stretch grandstand sections (A-J) are reserved seating in all rows. Backstretch grandstand sections (P-Z) Rows 11 and up are reserved seating and Rows 1-10 are open seating.
- Marking of open seating sections and camping areas is allowed starting Saturday August 6th at 12 pm.
- The Hilton Cincinnati Airport has partnered with Florence Speedway to be the official host hotel of Florence Speedway and the North/South 100. They are conveniently located in Florence at the Turfway road exit(182) off of I-75/71, and are offering a special rate for Florence Speedway customers at $85 per night. For more information, click the link HERE.
- Camping is allowed at the track free of charge during the North/South week and weekend. No hookups are available. The camping areas will be marked and site maps with the camping areas marked will be posted at the track. You can begin marking camping spots at 12:00 PM on Saturday August 6th and at any time during the week after that. All camping spots are first come first served.
- Travel Routes:
- For those using online mapping sites or GPS navigation, the track’s physical address is 12234 US 42, Walton, KY 41094.
- From the North on I-71/75:
- Take exit 180(Florence/Union/US 42) off I-75/71. Turn Right (West) on US 42. Follow US 42 9 miles to the track on the left.
- Alternate Route: Take exit 175 (Richwood/KY 338). Go Right on KY 338. Follow KY 338 approx 5 miles to US 42. Turn Left on US 42. Follow US 42 .5 – 1 mile to the track on the left.
- From the South on I-75:
- Take exit 175 (Richwood/KY 338). Turn Left on KY 338. Follow KY 338 approx 5 miles to US 42. Go Left on US 42. Follow US 42 approx .5 – 1 mile to the track on the left.
- Alternate Route: Take exit 171 (Walton). Turn Left off the exit. At the second light (KY 1292/Beaver Road) turn Right. Follow KY 1292/Beaver Road approx 5 miles to US 42. Turn Left on US 42. Follow US 42 .3 of a mile to the track on the Left. (Note: KY 1292 is a tight two-lane road and is not recommended for high profile vehicles.)
- From the South on I-71:
- Follow I-71 through the I-75 merge. Take I-75 exit 175 (Richwood/KY 338). Turn Left on KY 338. Follow KY 338 approx 5 miles to US 42. Turn Left on US 42. Follow US 42 approx .5 – 1 mile to the track on the left.
- Alternate Route: Take exit 72 (Verona/KY 14). Turn Left on KY 14. Follow KY 14 for approx 2.5 miles to US 42. Turn Right on US 42 approx 2.5 miles to the track on the Right. (Note: KY 14 is a tight, winding road with a very steep slope. It is not recommended for motor-homes or those pulling trailers.)
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a vending spot. Due to sponsor commitments, vending space will be limited this year. Those showing up without reservations will be turned away.